Working (Z) Visa in China – What You Need to Know

BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COUNTRY Before leaving your country, you need to apply for and obtain a visa, which when added to your passport will allow you entrance into China.To work legally in China, you need the following:
*Z-visa (aka working visa)
*Foreign Expert/Work Certificate
*Residence permitThe other three types of visas are the tourist (L) visa, the business (F) visa, and the student (X) visa. Z-VISA The Z-visa allows you to come into China with the intention to work. It is a single-entry visa that is valid for 30 days after arriving in China.In order to be approved for a Z-visa, you will need the following:
* Letter of invitation from your employer
*Work permit that your employer obtains on your behalf
*Medical check (in some cases)China only issues Z-visas to those they consider to be experts in a particular field. For example, being a native English speaker allows one to teach English in China. Having a Master’s Degree, quantifiable work experience, or professional accreditation also qualifies you for a Z-visa.To teach English in China, you must have the following to obtain a Z-visa:
*A university degree
*Professional work experience
*A teaching English as a foreign language certificate (TEFL) AFTER ARRIVAL 1. Register with the Public Security Bureau (PSB)
After arriving in China, within 48 hours, you need to register with the Public Security Bureau (PSB). 2. Medical Examination
Next, you need to pass a medical examination. It is non-invasive, and must be completed within a month of your arrival in China. 3. Foreign Expert/Work Certificate
Approximately a week after receiving the medical report, the Foreign Expert/Work Certificate, or Red Book, can be issued. 4. Interview with PSB
In some cities, you could also be called in for an interview with the PSB. 5. Residence permit
Finally, your employer can obtain your residence permit for you. Obtaining this is imperative in order to work legally in China. GENERAL INFORMATION In China, the visa process is decentralized, which means that depending on where you live and what sort of license your employer has, your visa procedure may vary. There are city specific, district specific, and license specific regulations.In most cases, to extend a Z-visa requires you to return to your original country. This means if you are currently in China on a different visa, you need to return and apply for a new visa in your original country before starting work in China. Some employers will provide airfare compensation. WHY DO WE NEED TO KNOW THIS? To work abroad in any country requires an official work visa in order to enter. China also requires a visa if foreigners plans to visit for tourism or leisure. Without the correct documentation, you will be denied entry. If you do not complete the full visa process or work without a working, or Z-visa, you and your employer will both be fined upwards of 50,000 RMB, and you will be deported. From the moment you enter the country, your identification information will be registered into a national database and tracked. Thus, it is highly recommended that you are familiar with all the visa requirements, although they are subject to change regularly without notice. REFERENCE
This information was compiled by EF English First.

» Tags:

Comments are closed.